Busy Teds at The Pres ….. An Arbour Tale

Busy Teds at The Pres

An Arbour Tale

It was a wet and windy Easter week and Teds spent time playing indoors.

IMG_1283m

They played with their new, giant friends, Stefan, Honey and Jingle-bear.

IMG_1282.mJPG

Gerard the lion, played too, but as soon as the sun appeared they went out to the garden. Whilst Richard mowed the drying grass, Olga and Vladimir set to, making wood chippings from sticks.

IMG_1230.mJPG

Percy and friends watched as the chippings dropped onto the grass.

“You are supposed to fix a bag underneath the machine to catch the bits!” shouted Percy.

IMG_1229m

So they did, and the big Teds carried on chipping.

IMG_1231m

At first they chipped flimsy dried fennel stems, but later watched sap splashing out onto the cutter rim, as they put in branches from trimmed Hornbeam.

IMG_1328m

The chippings went onto the weeded raspberry cane bed, over a compost mulch.

IMG_1412.mJPG

Vladimir and Olga were pleased with their work and when they had finished, they joined other Teds playing on the grass.

IMG_1340m

IMG_1341m

IMG_1345.mJPG

They all especially loved being cuddled by Honey Bear…ย ๐Ÿ™‚ .

IMG_1346m

…and climbing all over Stefan and Jingle Bear!

IMG_1336.mJPG

From their positions underneath the apple tree, Teds could see other Teds swinging above in the branches in lovely little cabins shaped like Easter Eggs.

IMG_1338m

That was great fun!

IMG_1317m

IMG_1315m

In the field at the top of the garden, ewes and their lambs contentedly munched, and Mabel and Hoss sat on the Hornbeam branches to watch them, then investigated the tufts of wool that the sheep had left on the wire fencing.

IMG_1379m

IMG_1256m

IMG_1258m

IMG_1261m

“It’s like a bit of me!” pondered Mabel.

In the garden sunshine they spotted bees and butterflies. The butterflies, a Small Blue, a Brimstone, a Small Tortoiseshell, and an enormous Peacock, fluttered about too quick to talk to; but a big, blue-black Carpenter Bee was more sociable, and he was covered in pollen!

busybeestrip

At the end of the day some of the Teds sat on the wall and watched the sun setting over the fields. It had been a lovely day.

IMG_1213m-001

Anne ….. Normandy ….. April, 2015

12 Responses

1. gibbon says:

you never cese to amase with your lovely tales , nice one Anne. :rose: :rose:

2. gertie says:

๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you Cliff :rose:

3. Beanstew says:

I am just wondering Anne if these are English teds that have accompanied you to France, or French teds that live at the Pres? I liked the photographs of them all rolling about in the grass – it reminded me so much of the Roly-Poly hill where we played as children – and when I returned to Scotland, so did my own children in exactly the same way. Funny how a bit of terrain can bring out the same behaviour in different generations…..

• gertie says:

Most of these are English Teds on French soil Sheila, although there are French, Spanish and Swiss , amongst others at the CPPads. They are a cosmopolitan lot!! ๐Ÿ˜†
      I love grassy slopes and rolling about on them [as we did at Alexandra Palace as children] is de rigour! :yahoo:

4. cilla says:

It all looks beautiful Anne, I love that wall. The teds obviously enjoyed themselves. When I saw the sheep wool it reminded me of when I lived in Herefordshire on the common and developed a septic finger. The doctor eventually sent me to the specialist doctor who asked if I had anything to do with sheep. when I told her where I was living, on the common with flocks of sheep, she said I had Orf which is caught from sheep and which I had never heard of. It lasted for about 6 weeks and really zapped me!

5. gertie says:

Cilla, I love that wall too :heart:
    Don’t like the sound of Orf :negative: Will be very careful around the sheep and their ‘bits’ :yes: Thank you :good:

6. cilla says:

Orf is caught through their saliva (if I remember right) and as they eat grass, rub against cars etc you would think it is easily caught but I had never heard of it before I caught it. A farmer on the common told me I couldn’t catch it twice which was reassuring. :wacko:

7. dixon says:

๐Ÿ˜† :good:

8. gertie says:

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. DizzyD says:

another charming tale Anne , :good: :yes: :rose:

10. gertie says:

Thank you David :rose: Long time … How are you?