Gertie’s Garden, Early April. ….. “Talking to my Plants pays off” :-)

Gertie’s Garden, Early April.

“Talking to my Plants pays off”Β Β  πŸ™‚

IMG_1589m

Back from Normandy the first thing I notice in my untidy garden is how relatively tidy, and pretty, it is. It is also, however, in need of much TLC. The bark paths need redressing. The stone paths need thoroughly cleaning. A desperately rambling rose needs cutting right back, or re-directing, and the benches need washing and recoating with paint or varnish.

IMG_1569m

I suspect that the clematis clambering all over the arbour needs a haircut too, but it’s full of buds, so not this time!

IMG_1590m

IMG_1575m

There is already a lot of colour to add to the glorious hellebores from Winter and the early Spring primroses. I walked around a bit:Β Β  walk with me and just look.

IMG_1564m

IMG_1566.mJPG

IMG_1626recm

IMG_1622cm

…and under the ribe, cowslips.

Β IMG_1623cowstrip

IMG_1565cm

IMG_1568.cmJPG

IMG_1576cm

IMG_1577m

IMG_1582cm

IMG_1585m

IMG_1587.mJPG

IMG_1588mJPG

IMG_1595mJPG

IMG_1594m

I pulled over five hundred sycamore seedlings from this raised bed before I stopped counting!

IMG_1600m

IMG_1601m

IMG_1602m

… and back to those hellebores!

IMG_1567.mJPG

IMG_1599

Here, bluebells are already in flower, and I look ahead to clematis over the Arbour…..

IMG_1597m

IMG_1573.mJPG

IMG_1630.remJPG

….. and cherries for us this year!

IMG_1572.mJPG

Anne ….. 12th/13th April, 2015.

15 Responses

1. cilla says:

It all looks gloriously colourful and just the sort of garden I love. You have an enormous amount of flowers out, it must be a joy to walk round. My clematis montana Marjorie is full of buds and the alpinas are coming on too. The bark round our pond is full of self seeders, violets and herb robert. It must be lovely to have the contrast of two very different gardens. :rose:

• gertie says:

:yes: it is Cilla, tho’ I’m sometimes sad that they are so far apart. I have loads of herb Robert too, tho’ frequently in the wrong place….not enough space really for too much of it. πŸ™‚

2. gibbon says:

lovely, wood stainwill be a lot easer ,do a much better job and will not harm the plants,by the way my sweetpeas are in position and a foot high, how are yours,? they will be go a longe way towards the sented garden you want, :rose:

• gertie says:

I have not planted them yet Cliff…was away too much to risk losing them ….. am off to set up seed trays shortly. So far my late/laid back tactics are working… I am hopeful and will keep you posted.

3. Beanstew says:

This post is a balm for tired Northern eyes. I have the hellebores and the cowslips, and tulips are just coming out – but the clemtis is weeks behind. I feel for you with the sycamore seedlings – have the same problem from the cherry tree next door – dread the fact I might miss one in a hidden corner for too long. So enjoy your garden Anne, it has a well-loved look to it.

4. gertie says:

πŸ™‚ Well loved…now that’s a nice description for scruffy…I like it :yahoo:
    Good luck with that cherry tree…..nick the cherries at least!!

5. VegVamp says:

A glorious sight Anne, love all the colour you have already. Those sycamores are a menace, I have that problem too. :yes:

6. gertie says:

:yes: Thanks Karen….. must off to prepare some more; scented colours next :yahoo:
    as for the sycamores ….. such tenacious little critters…shame we can’t create a forest of them somewhere…far away of course

7. gibbon says:

I see Anne you want to boast to us when our flowers are finished and you are in full blume ( crafty ) :rose:

8. gertie says:

πŸ˜† Of course πŸ˜† πŸ˜† :rose:

9. dixon says:

A beautiful treat gertie, love the Bluebell’s always reminds me of my youth. πŸ™‚

10. gertie says:

Well, that’s not so far away Dixon πŸ™‚

11. NorthernTeacher says: